If interested, please contact email@example.com
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Collaboration Engineer (CE) designs, installs and supports advanced Cisco-based voice and collaboration networks. CE’s have primarily responsibility for post-sale project technical execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
· Communicate and cooperate with project management and technical peers to effectively plan, execute, and complete project engagements
· Assess collaboration project presales proposals, Statements of Work, Bills of Material, and other project definition source materials to validate project execution and technical feasibility.
· Establishing technical plans, tasks, work breakdown structures, dependencies, contingency plans, and impact assessments
· Coordinate the exchange of information between clients, third party sub-contractors, and project management and technical peers.
· Gather, consolidate, prepare, document and distribute standardized project technical information in various formats, including but not limited to: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
· Design and develop technical approaches to project deliverables in accordance with Cisco-published best practices
· Perform and document inventory of equipment and project related assets, including hardware and related components, and licensing
· Assemble hardware components and install devices into final mounted and operable positions, including physical connectivity for power, network link, and human interface
· Install and configure the following Cisco collaboration and related hardware, software products, and technologies with proficiency:
· Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers (Cisco Business Edition 6000, 7000)
· VMware Hypervisor
· Cisco Expressway
· Cisco Unified Border Element
· Cisco IOS Gateways with Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
· SIP Trunking
· Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony
· Cisco Jabber
· Cisco Jabber Guest
· Cisco Mobile & Remote Access
· Cisco IP Phones (all models and variants)
· Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM)
· Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
· Cisco Instant Message & Presence Server (IM&P)
· Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) (CUCM integration and base configuration only. Advanced scripting is not required, though desirable)
· Cisco Attendant Console
· Cisco Emergency Responder
· Cisco Paging Server (InformaCast)
· Cisco Spark
· Cisco Telepresence Management Suite
· Cisco Telepresence Server
· Cisco Meeting Server
· Cisco Webex Collaboration Meeting Room (CMR)
· Assist in the integration and/or migration of 3rd-party Private Branch Exchange (PBX) services
· Provide technical diagnosis and troubleshooting
· Engage and coordinate the assistance of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to effectively and expeditiously resolve technical issues.
· Prepare and deliver training and related documentation and materials to peers and clients on any of the above-mentioned technical proficiencies.
· Provides documentation related to As-Built.
· Develops repeatable deployment methods related to new and existing network or data center environments.
· Performs network assessments and consultations.
· Designs enterprise-class network solutions with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product
· Deploy | Test: Cisco Voice, Video, & Presence systems according to design.
· Ability to engage in failure-mode analysis and remediation for the above technologies.
· Ability to engage with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations.
· Ability to engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failure.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must possess excellent documentation skills and provide examples of such work
· Must possess excellent presentation, organization and planning skills
· Must be able to work independently to achieve goals
· Able to work with limited to no technical supervision.
· Must be process and detail oriented
· Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be customer oriented
· Must have access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel within NJ/NYC/PA.
Minimum Education & Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Information Technology related major, or 4 years of equivalent professional experience, inclusive of:
· Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
· Cisco Business Edition 6000 & 7000
· Cisco Communication Manager [CUCM]
· Cisco Unity Connection [CUC]
· Cisco Instant Messaging & Presence Server [IM&P]
· Associate Level Professional Certification:
· CCDA – CCNA
· Must possess a strong understanding of Cisco Unified Communications products, and validated designs
Preferred Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field of study, plus
· 2-5 years of industry experience in data center, network operation or colocation center4 years hands-on Cisco voice and collaboration experience
· Professional Level Certifications – CCVP, CCDP
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org